[Mailman-Users] I've built apache, sendmail, mailman successfully, how to make them work?

lovecreatesbeauty lovecreatesbeauty at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:15:44 CET 2006

On 2/20/06, Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/19/06, lovecreatesbeauty <lovecreatesbeauty at gmail.com> wrote:
> > By the way, when I create a new list (not site-wide one), Mailman will
> > create an email address for it, but Mailman doesn't create a real
> > email address for the list. Do I need to create that corresponding
> > email address manually?
>
> With sendmail, mailman will report a list of aliases (or you should
> run genaliases manually), which you then need to add to /etc/aliases,
> and run newaliases to tell sendmail to rescan this file.

Where can I find the alias list if it is reported by Mailman automatically?
If it should be done by manual, then I should do the following:
-add aliases by editing /etc/aliases
-run newaliases command

is it right for me?

On 2/20/06, Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote:
> A POP/POP3 server is not required for mailman. Only if your mail
> server also provides mail services to users (e.g., they can have an
> email address person at your.server.com) do you need POP3. The same goes
> for IMAP, if that comes up.
>
> POP and IMAP are protocols for _retrieving_ mail (as opposed to
> _receiving_ or _sending_, which are both handled by your Mail
> Transport Agent, which in this case is Sendmail. Mailman does not need
> to retrieve mail.)

Some mailling list needs to be presented on web page like this
Mailman-user mailing list. How to retrieve threads and every posts in
one thead?