[Mailman-Users] I've built apache, sendmail, mailman successfully, how to make them work?

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:52:39 CET 2006

A POP/POP3 server is not required for mailman. Only if your mail
server also provides mail services to users (e.g., they can have an
email address person at your.server.com) do you need POP3. The same goes
for IMAP, if that comes up.

POP and IMAP are protocols for _retrieving_ mail (as opposed to
_receiving_ or _sending_, which are both handled by your Mail
Transport Agent, which in this case is Sendmail. Mailman does not need
to retrieve mail.)

- Patrick Bogen

--
- Patrick Bogen