[Mailman-Users] I've built apache, sendmail, mailman successfully, how to make them work?

lovecreatesbeauty lovecreatesbeauty at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:19:22 CET 2006

Hello,

Now my mail system and Mainman are worse than before. Before, internet
email addresses and local unix user account can receive invitations
from Mailman when I do mass subscription or users (by internet email
or local unix account) subscribe on the Mailman web page.

But now the invitations can be received. I can see the `new ...' and
'deleted ...' logs in /usr/local/mailman/logs/subscriber.

The mail server (Solaris bundled sendmail 8) is still ok. I can send
LAN emails via Outlook Express in Windows.

What was I missing?

By the way, when I create a new list (not site-wide one), Mailman will
create an email address for it, but Mailman doesn't create a real
email address for the list. Do I need to create that corresponding
email address manually?

Thanks in advance.