[Mailman-Users] GMane?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 17 21:38:37 CET 2006

At 1:37 AM -0500 2006-02-17, John A. Martin wrote:

>  I'm not sure I follow you here.  How do you think Gmane should know _a
>  priori_ whether someone subscribing a list to Gmane is actually acting
>  for the list owner?

	Yes, either acting directly on behalf of the list owner(s), or at
least with their explicit approval.  No gateway or archive should be
set up without meeting this minimal test.

	Or are you saying that anyone anywhere should be able to spam you
for any reason, and have you bear the costs of receiving those
messages?

>  If you are speaking of the last few days and one time in the past then
>  perhaps you haven't seen
>  <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.discuss/9291>.

	No, I was speaking of the previous incident, not this one.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755