[Mailman-Users] GMane?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Feb 17 18:17:17 CET 2006

All this discussion is starting to sound like a game of "Who struck John?"
(BTW, before this, I'd never heard of Gmane.)

Taking what everyone's said a face value, Gmane provides a service that
some people like. The admins/owners of the MM list don't like Gmane's
policies, thus don't want to participate. Seems kind of simple.

For my money ($0.02), there's seldom any utility in gate'ing a mailing
list to a usenet group, they operate in fundementally different ways
and are used in different ways.  For this list, which is fairly low
traffic as lists go and which has a good archive, what features of
newsgroup distribution enhance it's usability. We already know that
there are propagation delays between usenet and lists. If you want to see
threads, you can use a MUA that does them (I don't bother, no need).

[I also wonder if Gmane is the reason that my spam at this address has
gone up by a factor of 5-7x in the last month....]

z!