[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Luke Shannon lukeshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:38:17 CET 2006

Ok, Mailman is looking like the solution to my problems.

To get this going I need to create mailman lists from my existing email
addresses to vendor mappings in the MySQL DB (I don't want everyone already
signed up to have to re-subscribe). Is it easy to import a list to Mailman?

Once I have my lists in place I think the following is required:

1. Create a customized welcome message that avoids mentioning how to post to
the list so new people joining.

2. Restrict the list so only authorized persons can post. My java program
will be this "person". Not sure how to configure this from a Mailman point
of view yet.

3. Modify my DB table to map the Mailman send list addresses to a vendors.
Thus my program sends a mail to that address and Mailman distributes it to
the members.

Does all this sound reasonable?

Thanks for all the help thus far :-)

Luke