[Mailman-Users] error log - Failed before cPickle:

Xueshan Feng sfeng at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 16 07:22:36 CET 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 7:24 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> Susan Feng wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed the following messages in mailman error log every time
>>> when a
>>> list is accessed, for example:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/mailman/lists/email-team/
>>> config.pck.tmp.mailman.Stanford.EDU.13813
>>> Feb 09 09:49:38 2006 (13810) Failed before cPickle:
>>> /usr/local/mailman/lists/email-team/
>>> config.pck.tmp.mailman.Stanford.EDU.13810
>>> Feb 09 09:50:38 2006 (13813) Failed before cPickle:
>

> The more I look at this, the more it looks like a 'debugging' entry
> that someone may have added in the definition of __save() in your
> version of Mailman/MailList.py. Even if that is the case, that still
> leaves the questions "what is the exact circumstance the causes it?"
> and "who put it there and why?".

Ah, the culprit is me.  I put a line of debugging in the "try:" block
some months ago when I added Stanford Webauth code to mailman.
That line of debugging was called every time when __save is called. It
appears useless now, but I could not remember why I put it there in
first place.

I removed that line, all look good. I felt better.

Thanks a lot!

Susan