[Mailman-Users] GMane?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Feb 15 18:57:24 CET 2006

At 12:46 PM -0500 2006-02-15, John A. Martin wrote:

>      Brad> 	But I still have to have my official talk with Barry
>      Brad> 	and the other postmasters/listowners to see what we
>      Brad> 	want our consensus policy to be.
>
>  Do you care what your subscribers prefer?

	Yes.  We also care that others having their own gateways will be
doing things that are out of our control, and may cause much more
damage to the mailing list and all mailing list recipients, than the
few who might potentially be served by a properly run gateway.

	We have to balance the potential risk against the potential
benefit, both with the current operators and their operations, and
with any potential future operators and their operations.

	This is a potentially slippery slope here, and we need to make
sure of our footing.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755