[Mailman-Users] Virtusertable with 2.1.7

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 14 21:08:52 CET 2006

Mel Sojka wrote:

>Well I am getting errors on incoming to the bounces aliases for the two
>list that were upgraded. In 2.0 I had the list , the admin, request and
>the owner (pointing to admin) in the virtusertable.  I have all 10 of
>the aliases for both these list in /etc/mail/aliases and newaliases of
>course was run. What appears to be happening is when a post is made the
>return from an old bad address is causing the problem, mail is going out
>fine.  Just filling up the postmasters mail box.

I'm very weak on this so take it with "a grain of salt", but I think if
there aren't issues with the list address local parts conflicting with
non-mailman addresses, you don't need anything Mailman related in
virtusertable as long as you have all the aliases (10 per list) in
/etc/mail/aliases.

Is this your current situation, or do you have Mailman related stuff in
virtusertable? If so, what?

Is the issue with VERP like returns to addresses like
list-bounces+user=user.domain at list.domain?