[Mailman-Users] Pipermail problems

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 14 17:33:10 CET 2006

Daniel Spreadbury wrote:

>In my Apache virtual host definition, I have this line:
>
>Alias /pipermail "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"
>
>That folder exists, and contains links, like this:
>
>lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  mailman   55 Feb 14 15:53 composers-list ->
>/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/composers-list
>lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  mailman   48 Feb 12 14:39 members-list ->
>/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/members-list
>
>Is that correct? The actual /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/
>folder contains folders called e.g.
>
>composers-list.mbox
>members-list.mbox
>
>so on the face of it the links are actually wrong anyway.

The links aren't 'wrong'. It's just that the archives aren't there yet.

Did you actually move any archives? Did you want to?

If the directories (folders)
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/xxx.mbox/ contain a file xxx-mbox,
and that contains the old messages, you can rebuild the archives with

bin/arch --wipe composers-list

and

bin/arch --wipe members-list

But from your description, it seems you didn't actually move any
archives, so the xxx.mbox files probably aren't there.

What to do now depends on whether or not you want the old archives.