[Mailman-Users] sendmail and mm-handler woes

Kevin McNamee kevin.mcnamee at symsoft.se
Mon Feb 13 23:19:58 CET 2006

It comes down to this.

This works:
===================
echo "From: kevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se
To: foobar<at>mailman.symsoft.se
Subject: Test
test mail body
" | /etc/mail/mm-handler mailman.symsoft.se \
-r kevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se foobar

This does not work:
===================
echo "From: kevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se
To: foobar<at>mailman.symsoft.se
test mail body
" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -fkevin.mcnamee<at>symsoft.se \
foobar<at>mailman.symsoft.se

> Looking at the lists/testlist/digest.mbox I can see that the messages are
in
> the file! Trying a different approach I created a new list called "foobar"
> and suddenly my test messages to foobar are archived and posted to
members!

I should mention that I had originally ran make install as root and before
creating foobar I changed all files owned by root to be owned by mailman.
# find /usr/local/mailman -user root -exec chown mailman {} \;

Regard,
Kevin