[Mailman-Users] Problems sending to list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 13 23:15:36 CET 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>Am I seeing the correct behaviour from procmail, that the To: is
>maintained as the list address? Is it a privacy issue that the
>addresses are kept out of the headers?

I didn't address this in my previous reply, so for completeness - it's
not a privacy issue, it's a performance issue because it requires a
separate SMTP transaction with the full message for each recipient.

OTOH, there are other benefits such as being able to VERP all message
sends for better bounce processing at no extra cost and being able to
include personalized information in message headers and footers such
as is done on the mailman-users list.