[Mailman-Users] Subscription settings not taking

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 13 21:57:07 CET 2006

Beartooth wrote:

> 	I go to http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users >
>give it my address, in the unsubscribe/change options box > get the
>password screen, and give it my password > get to the options page,
>http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users > make changes >
>click on Submit My Changes -- and get the password request back!

The most common cause of this as noted on the login page is "Important:
>From this point on, you must have cookies enabled in your browser,
otherwise none of your changes will take effect."

If you're sure your browser is accepting cookies, it may be that a
local firewall or something similar is interfering with setting and
returning cookies.

Most of the other reasons for this kind of behavior are on the server
side, but in this case, we know the server side works as long as you
accept and return the cookie.