[Mailman-Users] Help me on LDAPMEMBERADAPTOR-V3.0 very Urgent

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 13 20:42:31 CET 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>P.s., make sure to 'reply to all' so that the list gets your posts as well.

I second the above.

>On 2/13/06, Kabilan L <nlkabilan at ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:

<snip>
>> admin(9022):   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/LDAPMemberships.py", line 231,
>> in __ldap_load_members_by_group
>> admin(9022):     ownerdn = attrs[self.__mlist.LDAP_OWNER_ATTR][0]
>> admin(9022): KeyError: 'owner'

You are getting just a little bit further. LDAPMemberships has
retrieved something via an LDAP query and is processing first item in
the retrieved list. This in turn is another list, the second item of
which is assigned to 'attrs' and is apparently a dictionary. Then the
key 'owner' which is something you assigned to LDAP_OWNER_ATTR in
extend.py is looked up in the dictionary and is not found. If I had to
guess what this means, I'd guess that there is no field named 'owner'
in the LDAP record, but that's only a guess (count how many times the
word 'guess' appears).

That is what is happening to cause this error.

In order to fix it, you must understand the LDAP data you are
retrieving and how to set the various things in extend.py to make it
work. The reason all these ldap.LDAP_* attributes are assigned in
extend.py and not hard coded in LDAPMemberships.py is that they need
to be tailored to the LDAP data and the list, and this needs to be
done with an understanding of the LDAP data.