[Mailman-Users] internal and external access to Mailman's web site

Charles Stroom charles at stremen.xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 13 17:46:30 CET 2006

on  Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:22:03 CST
Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you access mailman pages from outside your network via the
> stremen.xs4all.nl address? If so, it might be something weird with the
> way your ADSL router/firewall resolves names inside. Specifically, it
> might not do port forwarding for accesses on its external IP that
> originate from inside the LAN.
>
> If you don't have any systems that move between networks (e.g., a
> laptop), the easiest thing would be to add an /etc/hosts entry like:
> stremen.xs4all.nu    <iP of mailman box>

The stremen.xs4all.nl and IP number resides in the modem and external
users can indeed access my web site without problem, because external
requests on port 80 are forwarded to my web server.

But you solved my problem: adding stremen.xs4all.nl as an alias to the
internal LAN IP solved it.

Many thanks for such a quick reply.

Charles Stroom

email: charles at stremen dot xs4all dot nl