[Mailman-Users] sendmail and mm-handler woes

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 13 16:33:39 CET 2006

Kevin McNamee wrote:

>Ok found the problem. The short story is that I had defined a CNAME and not
>a proper sub domain for mailman. When I fixed this then sendmail could
>correctly use the mailertable. Analysis below.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll update the readme.

>I now have a different problem which is more in the Mailman realm. When I
>try to post messages to a list they do not appear in the archives and the
>mail is not sent out to members. I have tested with the following:
>
>> su - mailman
>> echo "testing" | "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman" post testlist
>
>This message ends up in the moderator queue. I accept the message but it
>does not appear in the archives and neither is the mail sent to members.
>Nothing useful appears in the /usr/local/mailman/logs files.

I'm surprised that that message got as far as moderation given that it
has no headers.

Have you looked at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>?
Have you tested with a real message, either via email or the above
method or via bin/inject?