[Mailman-Users] Upgrading - need info on old version

Andy Cravens acravens at uen.org
Fri Feb 10 21:35:56 CET 2006

We are in the process of upgrading mailman and have to take some
intermediate steps to get there without affecting our customers.  I'd
like to know if there is a way to configure mailman 1.0 so that any mail
sent by mailman would look like it came from listname at lists.domain.com
instead of the current setup of listname at domain.com.

We are also running postfix on this server and I thought about changing
postfix's conf to accomplish this by doing myorigin=lists.domain.com

However, I found this is not a good solution because there are several
mail services running on this old server.  I only want mailman list mail
to look like it came from lists.domain.com and any other mail needs to
continue to look like it came from username at domain.com.

So... I'd like to find out if this change can be configured in mailman
1.0.  I have already modified each list and set the "Host name this list
prefers" to lists.domain.com.  This last change seems to take care of
any references to the list name that are contained in the body of the
message.  However, I also need the header information to show it came
from lists.domain.com in case a user replies to a message.

Anybody know if there is a way to configure mailman 1.0 so that it looks
like it's coming from lists.domain.com?

--
Andy