[Mailman-Users] News -> Mail issues.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Feb 9 11:10:59 CET 2006

> Hi all,
>
> One of the lists I use has just broken for news posts to mailing
> list. It was working ok, then it died. If I send mail to the list, it
> appears in the newsgroup, however if I post in the newsgroup, it
> doesn't appear on the list - even though I have "gateway_to_mail = 1"
> set.
>
> I have this also set up on another mailing list, and newsgroup on the
> same server, and this seems to work ok. Same server, same settings.
> Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Just some more info to this - when looking at the news.notice file for
innd, I can see that the gate_news process actually connect to the news
server, and check for news in the groups specified - the problem is
however, that if there is new stuff in the newsgroups, it never gets sent
to one of the two mailing lists.

Anyone know how I can do some more debugging on this?