[Mailman-Users] add Approved: header to subject [dnk]

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 9 07:40:06 CET 2006

Dustin Krysak wrote:

>Now i know there is the option to add it to the first line
>of the body. This too does me no good as the end user will be sending
>HTML mail to their list...

Beginning in Mailman 2.1.7, if the post is multipart/alternative with
text/plain and text/html sub-parts. An approved: first body line will
be removed from both the text/plain and the text/html sub-parts. It
still will not be recognized or removed if the message is HTML only,
but if the first non-blank line of the first text/plain part is the
removed from all other text/* parts.

>which when using the Aprove: header is an
>issue since a portion of the html is stripped and that causes other
>portions of the HTML to be displayed to the people.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Is there a problem in the way the
multipart case?

>IS there a way to use the Approve header in the subject of the email?

Not currently without modifying the code.