[Mailman-Users] majordomo mailinglist migration to mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 7 21:53:21 CET 2006

Jana Nguyen wrote:

>To enable this to work, I found out that you need to have an existing
>mailman mailing list if not it can't find the "mylist":
>
>[root at birn-app-0-0 mailman]# ./bin/arch --wipe
>bcc-portal-dev.archive.mbox
>/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/bcc-portal-dev.a
>rchive.mbox
>
>No such list "bcc-portal-dev.archive.mbox"

That's correct. You first need to create the new Mailman list and then
run the command

./bin/arch --wipe <list_name> bcc-portal-dev.archive.mbox

Where <list_name> is the name of your new Mailman list.

As far as the majordomo2mailman.pl script is concerned, it's
unsupported. If it doesn't work for you, you'll need to set up the new
Mailman list by hand. You can use the admin Mass Subscribe web page to
inport your membership list. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.044.htp>.