[Mailman-Users] Virtual Servers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 7 02:58:12 CET 2006

Jon Loose wrote:

>Thanks for the correction... "MTA='Postfix'" works just fine.
>
>However, no change in mailing behaviour after making this change and
>restarting mailman/postfix.  I still can't get messages out beyond the
>local network.

As I said before, I think this is strictly Postfix, not Mailman or
Mailman-Postfix integration. I think Postfix is not relaying mail from
domain2 to the outside world. I don't know enough Postfix to suggest
what might need to be done to correct this.

>Note that up to this point, I have put the aliases for mailman lists in
>/etc/aliases and have only created lists via command-line interface.
>Also, I observe that there are no data/aliases or data/virtual-mailman
>files.  Do I need to create these?

Since you haven't had MTA = 'Postfix', you've been using the default
MTA = 'Manual' which just tells you what the aliases are and asks you
to manually install them.

If you now run bin/genaliases, it should create the data/aliases and
data/virtual-mailman files containing data for all your lists, and run
the postalias and postmap commands to create the .db files.

Then you can update your Postfix config to use these files and not have
to do the aliases manually in the future.