[Mailman-Users] Not a list member notification email

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 6 21:55:28 CET 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>> If that's what you want, you need to set Privacy options...->Sender
>> filters->generic_nonmember_action) to Reject.
>>
>	Does not work? I was hoping there was something I was missing but apparently
>not. I do not receive the reject messag until about 4 or 6 hours later. Which is
>what led into the below question.....

So it actually does work, but you have a problem with delayed
deliveries. This is probably not a Mailman issue per se, but looking
into the qfiles/ entries may indicate a Mailman problem.

Otherwise, this may be a Mailman/MTA integration issue or it may be
strictly in the outgoing MTA or beyond.

Does your outgoing mail go through your ISP and if so, does the ISP
limit outgoing mail somehow? Note that this can be the case even if
you have your own outgoing MTA. Some ISPs intercept ALL port 25
connects and route them through their own server.