[Mailman-Users] Emails With Attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 6 20:37:08 CET 2006

Marlowe McClasky wrote:

>We are unable to send an email with an attached file.  Can it be done?  We receive the following error message:
>----------
>Your mail to 'NAPHAstaff' with the subject
>
>    Test - Please Ignore
>
>Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>
>The reason it is being held:
>
>    Message body is too big: 199200 bytes with a limit of 40 KB
<snip>

If you are the list owner or moderator, you can approve the message,
however depending on the list's Content Filtering settings, the
attachment may be removed.

If you are the list owner, you can raise max_message_size from its
current value of 40 to anything you like.

If you are not the list owner, you need to communicate with her/him
about this.