[Mailman-Users] Mails don't reach some subscribers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 6 17:17:43 CET 2006

Xabier Guitián wrote:

>How we can check that a message was sent to the entire list if some of the
>members didn't received that mail? Is the sending process controlled by the
>MTA or directly by mailman? Is there any log where i can check every mail
>sended by mailman like the "mail.log" from the MTA?

Mailman has two logs, 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure' which will tell you
(smtp) that the post was delivered to the MTA and how many recipients
there were, but not their addresses, and (smtp-failure) if there were
any errors in delivery to the MTA.

If you have automated bounce processing enabled for the list, Mailman's
'bounce' log will tell you which addresses bounced.