[Mailman-Users] Mailman log error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 6 17:11:10 CET 2006

Clovis Tristao wrote:

>I discovered that mailman is not removing the user of the list when
>returns bounce, sees the example below:

If Bounce processing for the list is on, default bounce settings will
disable delivery to a member only after bounces occur on 5 different
days with no more than 7 days between any two bounces. Then after
disable, 3 warning notices are sent at 7 day intervals, and then the
member is removed from the list.

If you want a member to be removed on the first bounce, go to the
Bounce processing page for the list and set the following:

bounce_processing: Yes
bounce_score_threshold: 0.9
bounce_info_stale_after: doesn't matter in this case
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings: 0
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval: doesn't matter in this case

Also, set the notifications to Yes, so you will see what's happening.

You can always look in Mailman's 'bounce' log to see if bounces are
being recorded.