[Mailman-Users] mailman + apache2

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan.fuhrmann at no-panic-systems.de
Mon Feb 6 01:45:16 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 5. Februar 2006 23:15 schrieben Sie:
> Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> >I setup a debian sarge with ispconfig and mailman.
> >When I point my browser to http://domain.tld/mailman/create then there is
> > no page displayed. The download window pops up and I can download a "bin"
> > - file.
> >I followed the instruction about apache2 from manual but this dont help.
> >Maybe its a little think to do. I assume that I have to add something to
> >DirectoryIndex. But what?
>
> Probably not.
>
> What you are seeing is Apache is apparently delivering the contents of
> the wrapper in Mailman's cgi-bin directory instead of executing it.
Yes , Okay.

> Are you loading the Apache cgi module? Do you have the appropriate

yes, its loaded!

> ScriptAlias /mailman/ path/to/mailman's/cgi-bin/

Note!!: Im using apache2 with "ispconfig" (hosting management software,
http://ispconfig.org) which creates virtual hosts.
CGI is enabled in ispconfig and the path is set correctly:
"ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/ /var/www/web1/cgi-bin/"
The files within the cgi-bin are symlinked to there location: /usr/lib/cgi-bin

When I now browse to the URL it says me I dont have the rights to access and
pop up the download window.

Is it a rights problem? What are the correct values?

tia

stefan