[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-Developers] Permission of data/bounce-events-?????.pck

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Feb 5 06:16:44 CET 2006

imacat wrote:

>>    I noted that in the source of mailman 2.1.7 there are 2 lines in
>>bin/mailmanctl:
>>
>>line 421-422
>>        # Clear our file mode creation umask
>>        os.umask(0)
>>
>>    Is this intended?  Is it the reason why data/bounce-events-?????.pck
>>are world-writable?

There doesn't appear to be a good reason. This has been changed for
Mailman 2.1.8 so that the 'default' umask will be 007 and also the
specific creation of the bounce-events queue file will have no
permission for 'other'.

The changes to bin/mailmanctl and Mailman/Queue/BounceRunner.py have
been committed to CVS and can be seen (soon) at
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/>.