[Mailman-Users] Turning off confirmation?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 4 05:21:01 CET 2006

David Ellsworth wrote:

>My client wants to turn all confirmations off. Can this be
>done? They want to add addresses as they get approval in person (it's a
>political campaign) but without all the confirmation process. Is that
>possible?

The list owner can directly add subscribers through the list admin
Membership Management...->Mass Subscription page without any
confirmation required (subscribe rather than invite).

It is also possible to add an open subscribe option (Privacy
options...->Subscription rules->subscribe_policy choice of None) which
allows anyone to subscribe anyone without confirmation. This option
has to be enabled on a site wide basis to appear on the page. It is
not recommended and probably not what your client wants anyway, but it
can be enabled by setting ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = Yes in mm_cfg.py (See
Defaults.py for more info).

It sounds to me like the admin Mass Subscribe is what your client wants.