[Mailman-Users] Strange URL for archive access

Lukas Ruf ruf at rawip.org
Fri Feb 3 18:28:37 CET 2006

Dear all,

I have the following problem:

while clicking on listinfo -> 'listname' works, clicking on the
provided archive URL doesn't.  After searching the web without
success, I contact you.

- serve requests via https
- allow for shortened URLs
on a Debian/Linux system.

with /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py settings as follows:
  IMAGE_LOGOS         = '/images/mailman/'
  PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/mailman/private'
  PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'
  DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
  DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.lpr.ch'
  DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'lists.lpr.ch'

and with /etc/apache2/conf.d/mailman as follows:
  ScriptAlias    /cgi-bin/mailman/    /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
  ScriptAlias    /mailman/            /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
  Alias          /pipermail/          /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
  Alias          /images/mailman/     /usr/share/images/mailman/
  Alias          /doc/mailman/images/ /usr/share/images/mailman/

  <Directory "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/">
      Options FollowSymLinks
  </Directory>

In my apache2-settings, I have no redirect related with mailman.

Thus, when pointing on my "info" list on
<https://lists.lpr.ch/mailman/listinfo>, the corresponding info page
However, when I click there on archive, my web-browser makes use of
<https://lists.lpr.ch/mailman/listinfopipermail/info/> instead of
<https://lists.lpr.ch/pipermail/info/> which works.

Why?  What do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance for any hint!