[Mailman-Users] How to manage archives

Paul Williams paul.williams at uwex.edu
Wed Feb 1 22:43:42 CET 2006

We have about 500 lists and the archives keep growing.
We are now over 12 Gigs and are rapidly running out of
space.

How does one go about trimming back on the older archives.

Here is what I have been doing with a list with the name test
but just realized my logic was flawed.

I have a script that each month gzips the
./test.mbox/test.mbox file and it keeps
5 copies of the most recent months (it discards the oldest).

But the files in ./test do not get truncated.

Is there a way to tell it to retain only a certain number
of months?

Thanks,

paulw