[Mailman-Users] Using demime with Mailman

Heather Madrone heather at madrone.com
Sun Dec 31 02:00:23 CET 2006

At 4:56 PM -0700 12/30/06, Hank van Cleef wrote:
>I'm in the process of setting up a system to host Mailman lists
>which will replace another system at another site.  The other site has
>sent me a copy of their /usr/lib/mailman tree, so I can examine their
>configuration and copy list-specific files, and have a Beta-test
>version running.
>
>Major problem with all of the funny-formats included in mails these
>days.  Mails from specific users are just being passed through with
>no reformatting.  On the old site, it's clear that Demime is being
>used.  However, I can find nothing in the old Mailman tree indicating
>that it's installed.

I don't think you need Demime with Mailman. Mailman includes similar
functionality if you configure it right.

Go to the Content filtering section on the administrative pages.

Click "Yes" for "Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic
according to the settings below?"

In the "Remove message attachments that don't have a matching
content type" box, enter the following:

    multipart/mixed
    multipart/alternative
    text/plain

Click "Yes" for "Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text?"

--
Heather Madrone <heather at madrone.com>
The Home-Ed List:  http://www.madrone.com/Home-ed/helist.html

You can lead a child to learning, but you can't make her think.