[Mailman-Users] mailman not archiving

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Dec 23 03:25:38 CET 2006

Anne Hammond wrote:

>The one thing I didn't do was restart mailman.
>
>The top level directory is owned by apache.mailman--Do I need
>to restart apache??

Apache has nothing to do with archiving. The lists/listname directory
is owned by apache because the list was created via the web interface.

Restarting Mailman should not be required either.

>Both messages sent to this list today are in digest.mbox.

What about archives/private/vorpal-users.mbox/vorpal-users.mbox? Are
the two messages there?

>> It seems like a permissions issue, but that should normally result in
>> error log entries and shunted messages.

Check permissions and ownership on the entire
archives/private/vorpal-users/ and archives/private/vorpal-users.mbox/
directories and subordinates and compare with the
archives/private/ucm-devel/ and archives/private/ucm-devel.mbox/
directories and subordinates.

You might also try running 'bin/check_perms'