[Mailman-Users] Restarting Mail Queues

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 21 17:48:17 CET 2006

Stanley Chen wrote:

>We got error: "All recipients refused: (111. 'Connection Refused'), and
>I think we have fixed the error by increased the limit in "load average"
>under /etc/sendmail.cf.
>
>Is mailman going to retry again to send those messages which could not
>be sent? Or any command to initiate that? Or we have to send the message
>again.

When you start a new thread by replying to an old message, your message
is archived in the previous thread, causing various problems for
people reading the archives. It is much better to start a new thread
as a new message, not as a reply.

All SMTP errors except 'permanent failures' are retried. Permanent
failures are those with status 5xx except 552. Retry occurs at
intervals of DELIVERY_RETRY_WAIT (default 1 hour) for a maximum of
DELIVERY_RETRY_PERIOD (default 5 days).