[Mailman-Users] Problem hooking mailman up with sendmail

Clement Hermann clement.hermann at businessdecision.com
Tue Dec 19 09:47:03 CET 2006

stupidmail4me a écrit :
> Here's the setup:
> OpenBSD 4.0
> Mailman 2.1.8p3
>
> I have in my mc file I have
> VIRTUSER_DOMAIN(`lists.foo.org') set (and yes, I've
> run m4 and made the cf file). In mailertable I've got
> lists.foo.org mailman:lists.foo.org. But if I try and
> send a message I get a 550 5.1.1 User Unknown.

I'm  not sure I understand what you're trying, but I never added a
mailman mailer, and so a mailman:<domain> definition in the mailertable.
Rather, the mailman mails should go thru the "local" mailer, then thru
"prog" with pipes aliases (local name: "|command").

Also, IIRC, putting a domain in mailertable will prevent the
virtusertable to be checked, so the virtuser_domain is useless here.
However, I'm not really sure about the order, need a sendmail expert here ;)

I'm almost sure that you cannot have both, though.

Regards,

--
Clément Hermann