[Mailman-Users] Wrong group

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Dec 18 16:47:55 CET 2006

Ralph Utbult wrote:
> I run mailman with Postfix. Have MTA='Postfix' and have run
> check_perm a number of times, with -f
> How do I tweak the mail server (a.k..a Postfix) to run the script as
> group "mail"?

What are the permissions and owner/group for the mailman aliases file?
Postfix will execute the mailman wrapper as the group that the aliases
file belongs to, so you should be able to fix this by changing that
group to mail instead of mailman.

Freedom can be preserved only if it is treated as a supreme principle
which must not be sacrificed for any particular advantage.
    -- F. A. Hayek