[Mailman-Users] Debian/Exim4/Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 15 19:28:03 CET 2006

Nicolas Neuss wrote:

>I have now found the problem: the file virtual-mailman was not updated
>correctly (I don't know why) when creating a new list.  Only the lines for
>the "testit" mailing list were in this file (maybe from earlier trials?).
>Putting there the lines for recognizing "mylist" by hand made everything
>work.

The data/virtual-mailman file is only updated by Mailman if you have

MTA = 'Postfix'

and have specified

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['example.com', ...]

in mm_cfg.py. It is intended only for Postfix, not Exim.

The issue is your use of

>>   condition = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{MAILMAN_HOME/data/virtual-mailman}{1}{0}}

in your mailman router in Exim.  Presumably this comes from
"README.Debian.Exim4", but this README apparently comes from Debian.
It doesn't come from the Mailman project.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp>
for our recommendations.