[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Mac OS X Server 10.3: Outgoingmessagesstuck in qrunner/in folder

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Dec 14 23:32:52 CET 2006

Brad Knowles wrote:
> We can tell you what the Mailman-standard was is to start them, but
> Apple has created their own code to manage this aspect of Mailman
> operations and they haven't shared that with us.

Apple does provide the source code for their mailman packages.  You
can browse it here:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/Current/mailman-117/

And download a tarball of that stuff:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/tarballs/other/mailman-117.tar.gz

AFAICT, the -117 is an Apple internal number.  Browsing the full list
shows similar, non-upstream numbers for many other packages.

The full list of open source code for Mac OS X 10.4.8 for PPC is at:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/Current/

So, while it seems fair to say that many of the very knowledgeable
folks here don't know the specifics of the Apple packaged mailman, it
doesn't seem quite as fair to say that Apple hasn't shared their
changes.  They are available for anyone to download and check out.

Compare that to cPanel where the best you find if you're not a
customer is a half-backed and outdated patch (which I was provided
only after persistent requests).

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the Apple packages and the
only Apple product I own is an iPod. :)

Don't take life seriously, you'll never get out alive.