[Mailman-Users] removing members with non-standard characters

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 12 20:53:01 CET 2006

Anne Ramey wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> If the bad addresses don't appear in list_members (I don't know why
>> they wouldn't, but maybe they just appear with the control characters
>> that you don't see and thus look OK) you can do
>>
>>   bin/list_members listname | bin/synch_members -f - -n listname
>>
>This says:
>./list_members listname | ./sync_members -f - -n listname
>Dry run mode
>Invalid :  brianv at ncccs.cc.nc.us
>You must fix the preceding invalid addresses first.
>So I guess no luck there.

So the address does appear in the list_members output.

Try this one

  bin/list_members -i listname | bin/remove_members -f - -n listname

If that doesn't work, see <http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/>
or <http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/> for a link to an
experimental withlist script that should do it.