[Mailman-Users] Mailman archive messages(not rm, but install!)

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Dec 8 01:26:18 CET 2006

At 5:22 PM -0500 12/7/06, Paul Tomblin wrote:

>  6. Discover an awk script in the mailman archives that will split the mbox
>  archive into managable chunks.  Fix it so that it splits them into 500
>  message chunks instead of the 80 message chunks it defaults to.

There's also the "formmail" tool from the procmail package.  That's
probably more robust than the awk script you mention, takes up less
memory, is faster, etc....  Of course, it also requires that you
download and install at least that part of procmail, so it requires
more work.

>  7. Run bin/arch on all the chunks one at a time.

Yeah, you want to run that tool on the chunks in order, otherwise I
think that the message number generation scheme will at least get
ugly, if not confused.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.