[Mailman-Users] Change entire user list

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Dec 4 18:28:33 CET 2006

"Frank Baillie" <frank at compwiz.ca> wrote:

>Hi;
>
>I supervise a Mailman list for a club of RVers which has about 550 members.
>
>Once a month I get a new roster to put up on the site, but I don't get
>specific changes to email addresses, new members or deleted members.
>
>Is there a simple way to unsubscribe the entire current list and mass
>subscribe the new list?
>
>Thank you.
>
>Frank Baillie

There are two commands in the bin directory:

     remove_members --all --nouserack --noadminack $LISTNAME
     add_members -w n -r $FILE $LISTNAME

The first will remove all subscribers in $LISTNAME without any
acknowledgements to the subscribers and administrators.

The second will silently subscribe all of the e-mail addresses in
the $FILE file.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov