[Mailman-Users] How to setup umbrella lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 1 21:37:59 CET 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:

>The patch, I believe, is here:
><http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1220144&group_id=103&atid=300103>

And I just added a comment to the tracker item that the patch applies
without change to Mailman 2.1.9.

>Additionally, each sublist either needs 'require_explicit_destination'
>set to 'No,' or the address of the umbrella list added to
>'acceptable_aliases'.
>
>There may be something I'm missing, but I think that's everything.

And sublist-a may require @sublist-b in it's accept_these_nonmembers
and so forth, although this can often be avoided by adding the
umbrella-bounces address as a member with delivery disabled on each
sublist.

Adding the umbrella-bounces address to the sublist's
accept_these_nonmembers is not the same, and generally won't work
unless USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER is Yes in mm_cfg.py.