[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 31 18:04:47 CEST 2006

Bretton Vine wrote:

>Mark Sapiro said the following on 2006/08/31 02:55 AM:
>
>> Do you have an actual message?
>
>Yes
>
>> Where did this message come from?
>
>A list-member, cc'd to non-list member (subsequently subbed)

It occurred to me that if the list has archives, the raw message as
sent to the list members will be in
archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox. This message will not be
the exact message received by Mailman and held for implict destination
because Mailman does manipulate headers a bit, but as long as the list
is not fully personalized, the To: and Cc: headers should be intact.