[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"

Bretton Vine bretton at hivemind.net
Thu Aug 31 04:08:32 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles said the following on 2006/08/31 02:37 AM:
> So, does my opinion count?

Of course it does. Credentials are useful, experience more so. Heck next
week we have a whole bunch of experts here to give opinions to the industry
(shameless plug for iweek)

> The person in question wouldn't happen to be named András Salamon

Nope, but he's a key figure on the network I look after and has been
involved in it various ways since inception and to this day.

> Last I had heard, András had left the day-to-day management work down in
> .ZA, and had gone on to establish one of the leading venture capital
> firms down there, but I haven't checked in with him lately, so maybe
> he's off doing something else now.

Oxford atm.

> The answer is that it's turned on by default because that's the safest
> choice.  Period.  End of discussion.

Fair enough. At least there is something to reference now instead of
"I don't know, give me 5 mins with google and I'll get back to you"
<grin>

--
| Bretton Vine | 083 633 8475 | bretton at hivemind.net |
| GPG: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc  |

"For a smart material to be able to send out a more complex signal it needs
to be nonlinear. If you hit a tuning fork twice as hard it will ring twice
as loud but still at the same frequency. That's a linear response. If you
hit a person twice as hard they're unlikely just to shout twice as loud.
That property lets you learn more about the person than the tuning fork." -
Neil Gershenfeld, When Things Start to Think, 1999