[Mailman-Users] Can't send messages to list

Eric Howland eric.howland at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:04:57 CEST 2006

On 8/29/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> Eric Howland wrote:
> >
> >I have used both DELIVERY_MODULE = 'Sendmail'
> >and
> >DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
> >
> >This just shifts the directory in which the outgoing email is stuck.
> >SMTPDirect leaves them in the out directory
> >Sendmail leaves them in the shunt directory
> >
> >Should this tell me anything about what is wrong with postfix?
>

> Not directly, but if messages are shunted when using Sendmail, there
> should be 'error' log entries that might tell you something. There
> might also be information in the 'post' log. You would probably learn
> more however by just trying to use the 'sendmail' command to send a
> message without involving Mailman at all.

I thought I have another machine that can act as a mail server (and is
also running postfix) maybe I could get it to sent the mail. Since I
am running
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'

I thought I could just put the IP number  in mm_cfg.py like this.

SMTPHOST = '123.456.789.6'
SMTPPORT = 0                                      # default from smtplib

When I try this I see the big change in the qfile/out but unfortunatly
the mail is not delivered and in smtp-failures I see (111, 'Connection
refused') messages.  The odd thing is that I do not see rejections in
the postfix logs even with verbose loging.  Am I missing something
about the mailman configuration?

Eric