[Mailman-Users] Can't send messages to list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Aug 27 18:54:14 CEST 2006

At 11:17 AM -0400 2006-08-27, Eric Howland wrote:

>  I take it that the Low level smtp errors are comming from my MTA
>  (postfix). In my case the problem was intermittent untill about a week
>  ago when it became steady.  I have posted to the postfix list but I
>  still have no understanding of who should be running connect().

The "connect()" system call is done inside of Mailman, and if it
can't even get to "connect()", then you're clearly pretty backed up
-- or the MTA isn't even running at all.

>  I get lots of entries arround (but not exactly) 189 seconds.  I wonder
>  if this is some kind of timeout.

Are you sure you've turned off all the anti-spam and other scanning
processes within the MTA?

>  Is the reset by peer comming from the MTA or beyond the MTA?

That reset is coming from your MTA.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.