[Mailman-Users] Need to stop mailman

Gary Hall gary.chris at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 16:51:05 CEST 2006

Hi Catherine and Brad,

Typed in the code to stop the mailman but it kept on sending mail
already in the queue - I forgot to empty the MTA. A reboot appeared to
have stopped the process of sending however.

The logs were inclusive, but it appears that the html became malformed
somehow and the adv was being resent to one group of the whole list. I
am on that list but I never got a "repeat" email, but I saw on several
computers at the business where they got at least 4 of them.

We cleared the mail queue and will restart the server later today after
we look again at the "/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/out" files to be sure
they are clear too.

I have set up a "test" list that only has the names of the principles of
this mailing endeavor. We will first send out the adv to ourselves and
be sure the adv looks as we expect it too and not other problems crop
up. After the test run we will send out the adv to the main list. My
primary reason for this is to check out this guy's html code every time
- just in case.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Warm regards,

Gary