[Mailman-Users] Double address in Reply-To header

Tomi Snellman tomi.snellman at kolumbus.fi
Fri Aug 25 09:19:57 CEST 2006

Hi

Our Mailman was recently upgraded to 2.1.5. After the upgrade, a couple
of subscribers began complaining that they were receiving double replies
to their posts. It turned out that their MUA was appending their private
address to the list address in the Reply-To header.

I've tried to find out what is happening, but without success. One
subscriber was using an old version of Outlook Express, but she was
still getting the same behaviour after she upgraded OE, and even after
she switched over to Thunderbird. Another subscriber is using some
version of elm.

What really makes me wonder, what is different in the messages that this
can happen at all? With the old version of Mailman, nothing of the sort
happened.

TIA

Tomi Snellman