[Mailman-Users] Sender not receiving messages

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Aug 25 03:00:48 CEST 2006

At 2:55 PM -0500 2006-08-24, Allan Trick wrote:

>  My first thought was a filter or rule on his local email client.  But
>  I don't see any evidence of that.  Therefore I'm suspicious there's a
>  setting somewhere in Mailman that is preventing his messages from
>  being sent to himself.

In cases like this, the first thing to check is the Mailman logs, to
see how many copies of each message was delivered to the MTA, and
then to check the MTA logs to track down the individual deliveries to
each user.

Knowing how many people you have subscribed to each list (which are
not "nomail" and not set to digest mode) and how many copies of the
message were distributed will tell you something about how many
duplicates may have been removed by Mailman, etc....  Then you can
look at the MTA logs to check on any one particular copy of the
message.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.