[Mailman-Users] Sender not receiving messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Aug 25 02:58:17 CEST 2006

Allan Trick wrote:

>Actually, looks like the nodupes box is checked on most if not all of
>our user records.  Each school year we dump and reimport all the
>addresses for all our lists (because we don't have a direct link to
>Exchange or our Banner administration system).  I guess when I did
>the import everything came in with nodupes checked.

First of all, nodups will only affect this issue if the user's address
in in a To: or Cc: header of the post. If not, nodups is not the
answer.

>Is there a global way to uncheck that for everyone on all our
>lists?  I certainly don't want to go in to each person's record and
>uncheck that box.  :-)

First of all, look at the new_member_options setting on the list's
General Options page and make sure it reflects what you want.

As far as a global way to turn off nodups for everyone, this would be a
withlist script, but I doubt that this is your answer. See post to
follow re: exchange.