[Mailman-Users] Sender address..

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Thu Aug 24 19:41:52 CEST 2006

On 8/24/06 6:48 AM, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.003.htp>.

Unfortunately, both domains used in the examples at the top of that FAQ
entry exist (although the FQDNs of the hosts mailman and poster within those
domains do not, so having the FAQ as is isn't TOO bad).

Is there any interest in sanitizing the FAQ by adjusting examples to follow
RFC 2606 as closely as possible?  I'm reasonably sure that 2.003 isn't the
only entry which could use adjustment.

"As closely as possible" because we wouldn't want to confuse things by
putting the mailman server AND the poster both into the
example.{com,org,net} domains.  But we could use mailman.example or
mailman.something.example for the server and poster.example.com for the
poster without TOO much confusion.

  --John